- Bo Schembechler
- Bo Schembechler
Founding Investor / Advisor
Whistle Recruiting™ is located in the Sugarhouse district of Salt Lake City, UT along the Wasatch mountain front and in the heart of the Silicon Slopes. With 60 national and state parks within four hours and 9 world class ski resorts within an hour, our home turf is the perfect place to work and play.
Our humble start-up is a team of ex-college and professional athletes, former coaches and recruiting directors, creatives, coders, bean counters, pranksters and outdoor-enthusiasts that enjoy shanking up the collegiate recruiting industry.
We are looking for ELITE talent to join our team. If you are ready to take on the fast-paced environment of collegiate athletic recruiting, take a gander at our current openings and drop us a line.
UI/UX Designer (Part Time)
DIRECTOR OF SALES & CUSTOMER RELATIONSHIPS
Salt Lake City, UT
As the UI UX Designer you will have an immediate impact on our product, and be an intricate part of the future of Whistle Recruiting. We play in a fast paced, highly competitive industry, we need someone who isn’t afraid to roll their sleeves up and get their hands dirty.
Find ways to solve complex interaction and visual design problems.
Play an influential role in the visual design of new products and features.
Problem solve and identify areas of growth on existing product.
Produce high-quality designs in a quick, iterative fashion.
Engage in user research activities with our customers.
Ensure UX consistency across the product line.
Contribute to the design pattern library, aligning to the corporate design principles and brand.
Lead all phases of design. From create sketches, wire-frames, and prototypes, to developing and executing sound logically driven user experiences.
Self-motivated with a passion for design and appreciation for start-up atmosphere.
Comfortable working in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment.
Experience designing for desktop, mobile web, and mobile app.
1-2+ years of work experience as a UI/UX Designer.
Experience with Sketch, InVision App, Abobe Creative Suite and other prototyping softwares.
Salt Lake City, UT
Director of Sales & Customer Relationships
Salt Lake City, UT / Remote*
The first point of contact speaks volumes for a company; and sets the tone for the customer’s experience!
Whistle Recruiting is seeking an individual to specialize in client satisfaction, customer service, and customer acquisition. As the Director of Sales and Customer Relationships, you’ll be the first point of contact between prospective customers, and will lay the groundwork for an exceptional customer experience.
• Strong ground game. Mine leads using results-based ongoing campaigns that deliver new and qualified opportunities to generate
• Key Recruiter. Connect with current and established relationships, and use industry knowledge of recruiting calendar to determine appropriate times to call and frequency.
• Call Audibles. Execute effective account-based sales strategies to increase conversion with assigned university(s), conference(s), region(s) or top tier account targets leveraging cold/warm calling, email, face to face meetings, direct mail and industry conferences.
• Team Player. Identify and nurture leads, prepare qualified leads for sales, product demonstrations and implementation.
• Manage Playbook. Keep Whistle Recruiting’s database up-to-date with new hires, position changes, terminations, etc.
• Ability to Find the End Zone. Success will be measured in number of net new qualified leads, sales won by those leads, as well as the client experience throughout the sales life cycle.
• All Purpose Back. Wear several hats, this role features the opportunity to touch many different aspects of sales, customer service, marketing and collaborate to help achieve the teams goals & objectives.
• Draw Up Plays. Use existing networks and create tactical approach to help open doors for targeted accounts.
• GameDay. Event / Trade show planning, execution and follow up phone calls/communications.
• Creative Play Calling. Highly flexible role you enjoy working on events and telemarketing one week, direct mail campaigns the next week and brainstorming new campaigns and messaging the week after that.
Be prepared to demonstrate the following skills using references,examples and portfolios.
• Written and verbal communication is key to this role.
• Demonstrated success generating customer leads using multiple sourcing strategies in a quota-driven organization.
• Established relationships and networks in the collegiate sports industry.
• Previous experience working in a customer-centric sales environment (customer references ideal.)
• Relevant sales skills include 5+ years of experience in any of the following, lead generation, web app sales, sales or recruiting in the higher education space, or collegiate sports recruiting.
• Must be proficient with Microsoft Office, MailChimp, Highrise, marketing campaign tools, Gmail and Google’s suite of tools.
• A positive attitude, competitive spirit, resilience, integrity and the ability to deliver superb customer service are required.
• You should be a quick learner, able to quickly gain and display a deep understanding of Whistle’s business and product.